Professional Women in Trades, Inc. invites the community to Women in Trades Day!
The main goals of the event are to:
1. Introduce women, middle school girls, and high school girls to careers in manufacturing and other skilled trades.
2. Inspire and empower women working in non-traditional careers.
3. Show all women, middle school girls, and high school girls who attend, that they can break
ceilings and help them understand that “We Can Do It Too!!” & "We Are Ceiling Breakers"!
Guests will receive a swag bag with t-shirt & Rosie the Riveter Scarf, learn how to weld and have the option of joining a welding contest, learn about careers in manufacturing and skilled trades, build their own tool box, network with potential employers, enjoy a light snack and lunch, interact with panelist of tradeswomen, and enjoy a motivating speech from the guest speaker and much more.
You can take part of this event by:
• Inviting tradeswomen to join panel discussions or network with future tradeswomen
• Inviting women leaders from your company to network with future women leaders in
• Providing live demos or hands-on activities for attendees
• Volunteering by helping with setup, cleanup, registering attendees and exhibitors, and other areas that need assistance
• Promoting your company at the event by staffing a booth/table bringing promotional materials
about your company, providing demonstrations or discuss employment opportunities with guests, each booth/table cost $100
• Sponsoring Lunch
• Sponsoring the event through a (gifts of $500 or more will be recognized by including your logo on event fliers and event t-shirts) different levels of sponsorships are available, see attached.
• Contributing in-kind supplies such as welding material, aluminum square stock