Field Service Technician - Aggregate Equipment
Must be able to travel up to 80% of the time. Applies knowledge and skills to perform necessary duties in the setup and startup of all products, along with any service, maintenance, and repair procedures necessary to facilitate the functionality of such equipment in a safe manner.
• Primarily domestic travel with occasional international travel, to perform assembly and disassembly of Aggregate processing machinery in a safe manner.
• Assembly and disassembly of critical components and subcomponents such as: swing jaw shaft assemblies, impactors, vibrator units, conveyors, and conveyor drives.
• Proficiently operate all assigned equipment and tools within their capacities and limits, necessary to perform any operation to accomplish required work.
• As directed, will perform complex repairs, trouble shooting, and diagnosis of problems.
• Perform duties in the field in accordance with MSHA training and regulations.
• Perform work in accordance with all company policies and safety practices.
• May perform the work of other classified positions occasionally, as assigned. i.e.: work on shop floor, maintenance, etc.
• Document and process all paperwork involved in any task or project in a timely fashion to submit to supervisor.
• Communicate with supervisor on job scheduling, travel arrangements, phone calls and e-mails.
• Proper call in procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must possess a valid Wisconsin State driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Must demonstrate mechanical knowledge.
• Prefer a working familiarity of aggregate processing equipment, repair and maintenance methods, knowledge in hydraulics, 3 phase electrical systems, and basic mechanical systems.
• Ability to read and understand C.A.D. layouts and drawings.
• Must have a good attitude and be highly motivated.
• Previous experience in similar position of sufficient length of time to prove competency in the skill area.
• Physical strength and ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor, including frequent bending, climbing, walking and heavy lifting for extended periods under dirty and uncomfortable conditions in all types of weather, as necessary.
• Capable of flying or driving for extended periods of time.
• Communication skills to work effectively as a team member while exhibiting the role of a Lippmann Milwaukee company representative and employee.
• Ability to maintain excellent customer relations.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and focus on providing quality service.
• Ability as necessary to use sound judgment to solve problems and make decisions independently.
• Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform duties as assigned.
• Ability to analyze, trouble shoot, and problem solve as issue arise
• Satisfactory attendance to meet business needs.
• Microsoft Office experience is required.
• Must be able to travel away from home for extended periods of time (80% travel)
• Basic welding procedures