Health Unit Clerk
Health Unit Clerk
*This position is through RAMAC (you will be employed by RAMAC) but is located at 1717 Taylor Avenue with supervision by Racine County.
To transcribe dictation, type and perform other administrative duties for the Racine County Human Services Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Operate word processing programs.
- Transcribe dictation, including: intakes, psychological evaluations, doctor notes, letters, memos, and narratives, miscellaneous and other written documentation.
- Store, retrieve and update documents.
- Meet deadlines.
- Create template letters and forms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL AGENCY REQUIREMENTS (Required of all employees)
- Must comply with agency and departmental policies and regulations
- Must relate to individuals and families of varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, ages, and economic circumstances with respect and dignity.
- Must support the Mission, Vision and Values of the Agency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Passing score on OPAC’s Language Arts, Transcription and Alphabetic Filing tests.
- Type 50 net w.p.m. with 95% accuracy.
- Two (2) years of responsible office experience.
- Experience in transcribing.
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work independently and be a team worker.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Ability to type under pressure to meet a designated deadline.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role.
Ability to communicate both in verbal and written format, effectively and efficiently in job.
Working knowledge of computers to allow employee to access computer systems and applications to complete timecards, read and respond to email, and complete required on-line training. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word or comparable word processing application and Microsoft Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the worker is regularly required to move throughout the office area. Must have ability to use a computer keyboard for an extended length of time, with repetitive use of hands in the form of fine manipulations. Will be required to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally.
The incumbent of this position works in an office environment. The incumbent will also be exposed to outdoor conditions if/when traveling on company business.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Send Resumes to: Anna Clementi at Racine Area Manufacturers and Commerce (RAMAC)
Deadline: January 22, 2021