Our client in Jackson, WI is looking for a local controls engineer familiar with industrial automated machinery. This person would handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously under limited direction and management. Major responsibilities include: manage projects from concept to completion; creation of schematics/BOM/panel layout, assist with electrical panel builds, program PLCs, HMIs, robots, camera and other automation devices, and commissioning of machines.
Candidate Requirements, Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Create detailed schematics, BOMs, and panel layouts.
- Be responsible for the electrical engineering, design of control systems, and programming automation equipment specific to project requirements.
• Create and develop PLC, HMI, Robot, control programs as required and during new equipment commissioning and modifications
• Work closely and communicate with other Engineers, Sales, Manufacturing and Customers to resolve design issues, change orders and approvals.
• Strong analytical and problem solving, verbal and written communication skills to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently.
• Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality and allotted budget.
- Continually engages in education, training and self-development opportunities.
- Assist with initial sales and new applications quoting and concept development.
- Must have 5 or more years machine control experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD electrical.
- Have experience managing projects and personnel.
- Experience with integrating complex control systems.
- Working general knowledge of PLCs, robots, I/O devices, and communication networks.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Great work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to work with the team.
- Self-motivated, punctual, and well organized.
- Competitive salary.
- Retirement plan with company match.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance program.
- Paid vacation and holiday time.
- Tuition reimbursement program for employees.
- Comfortable, casual, and fun work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.