Ophthalmic Lab Specialist (part-time/grant funded)
Ophthalmic Lab Specialist (Part-TimeGrant Funded)
Non-Exempt – $18.71 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Dean of Health and Human Services
Location: Gateway Technical College – Racine, Wisconsin
*Position is through Lakeshore Technical College - but location of job is at Gateway Technical College - Racine campus
Average of 6 hours per week x 30 academic weeks (180 Annual Hours)
Monday – Thursday - Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Promote a learning atmosphere in the ophthalmic lab, which encourages effective work habits and provides a safe, clean, and orderly physical environment. Maximize the operation of the ophthalmic lab. Validate the performance of students’ ophthalmic medical assistant skills. Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
- Serve as a resource person for Ophthalmic Medical Assistant students.
- Maintain the ophthalmic lab at the level of stated educational specifications. Maintain/repair lab equipment.
- Provide the Ophthalmic Medical Assistant Instructor with informational feedback regarding study guides and simulated activities.
- Maintain records of students' performance and provide feedback to students and the instructor about problems/progress.
- Cooperate with other activities scheduled in the ophthalmic lab. Implement policies of the ophthalmic lab and program.
- Suggest materials and equipment for requisition. Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (or Technician) ~OR~ Certified Para-Optometric Assistant (or Technician) with a minimum of two years related experience within the past four years required.
- Working knowledge of using special equipment including a variety of simulated modern ophthalmic equipment, audiovisual equipment, and computer.
- Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Friday, December 11, 2020
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.